AND THE WINNERS ARE . . . .
Lauri Troutman for Rug Hooking & Susie Vohlken for Punch Needle!! Congratulations ladies! I have emailed each of you privately.
Thanks to everyone for all your wonderful comments regarding my newly re-designed web site. A few of you took me to heart and shared a couple of things that you didn’t like very much – I appreciate that, and I made some changes per your suggestions. Overall, your comments were very positive and I thank you all for your input. I am only sorry that you could not ALL win. You can however, get into the giveaway action at my Facebook Page every month. If you have not LIKED my FB Page, you’ll find me here.
Remember everyone – I am offering free shipping on any order from anyone who entered but did not win – through the end of September (I can’t offer free shipping on Frames because those are drop-shipped from the manufacturer in Texas directly to you.) When you place an order between September 20 and September 30, just enter FREESHIP in the coupon box when you check out. You all win!!
Done! What a lovely word . . . I thought I’d never get there. If you haven’t visited my web site recently, you’ll be surprised at the new look and organization. I completely re-designed the site, making it more relevant, easier to navigate, and all around prettier. It has been growing and growing over the years, and like anything that grows, it has a tendency to take on a life of its own – out of control and sort of all over the place (like the weeds in my gardens – which have not gotten the attention that the web site has!) Anyway, stop over and take a look.
So, after all that work and thought (taxing at my age,) it’s finally time to celebrate with a
Grand Re-Opening of the redesigned site!!
First – a big old giveaway! I have put together two giveaway packages – one for rug hooking and one for punch needle, that will be awarded to two lucky, randomly drawn winners on September 20th – one week from today. You do have to work a little bit to get yourself in the running . . . go to Folk ‘n’ Fiber and send me a comment via my Contact page, telling me what you like best about the new web site (if you have a “what I like the least” comment, I am happy to hear those as well.) Tell me if you are a rug hooker or punch needler, so I know which package you’d like to win. That’s all . . . so what does the winner get?
- A pattern of your choice, on red dot tracer, from this page of my web site: Seasonal Designs (Halloween & Christmas are approaching fast – but you still have time to hook something special for those seasons!)
- One yard of red dot tracer fabric – for easy transfer of a future project or two to your favorite backing.
- An eco-friendly zippered project bag - measures 15″ x 15.5″ x 8″ – that’s plenty of room for carrying tools, supplies, wool and projects to guild meetings, camps and workshops! Hard flat bottom to support your cutter and all your essentials.
- 30 yards of 3-ply 100% wool Paternayan binding yarn in Mustard
- A copy of the book Folk Art Friends by Polly Minick and Laurie Simpson – rug hooking and quilting projects, including patterns
- Plus some little goodies that I will throw in at the end (surprises are fun!)
- A pattern of your choice, on weavers cloth, from this page of my web site: Seasonal Designs (see above – haha!)
- Snip-Eze threads snips
- Square tin pin back frame by Twisted Threads to create a pin from your punch needle creation
- My tile topped punch needle storage box
- A thread assortment (it’s fun to play!) including DMC cotton, Gentle Arts wool, and Old Willow silk threads
- Plus some little goodies that I will throw in at the end (yes, punch needle surprises are fun, too!)
And, if you don’t win – you still win. I will offer free shipping on any order from anyone who enters and does not win – through the end of September (I can’t offer free shipping on Frames because those are drop-shipped from the manufacturer in Texas directly to you.) When you place an order between September 20 and September 30, just enter FREESHIP in the coupon box when you check out. See? I really love you all!
Okay – don’t delay! This is a short window to get entered, so do it now! I want you to all have your names in the drawing! I will announce the winners of the give away packages here at the blog on Oct 1, as well as on Facebook! You can’t win if you don’t enter. Why are you still here? GO!
PS – I hate to have to mention this, but, it seems I am having intermittent PayPal problems with my cart since the re-design. If you place an order and can’t get it through PayPal, PLEASE email and let me know and I can help you. You do not need a PayPal account to pay for an order via PayPal! I am trying to get this figured out, but in the meantime, please don’t give up if you have trouble. Just email me and I can fix it! Thanks!